WATCH THE VIDEO & LEARN MORE ABOUT YOUR STAY
ABOUT THE MS REHABILITATION PROGRAM & KMI MEYER ACTION METHOD
The AMEDS MS Rehabilitation Program is a unique project with patients participating in its creation from the very beginning. The program has been created in cooperation with Villa Park MED&SPA – one of the most modern medical SPA and rehabilitation facilities in Europe. Villa Park MED&SPA is situated in Ciechocinek one of Poland’s natural resorts long appreciated for its natural brine mineral reserves and a variety of natural resort tourist attractions.
The AMEDS MS Rehabilitation Program combines intensive physiotherapy and medical neurological care with a diet designed specifically for MS patients in an effort to provide long-lasting improvement in the patient’s state of health and quality of life. Furthermore, all dietary practices and a variety of exercises used during the AMEDS MS Rehabilitation Program can be later performed at home on a daily basis as an individual diet or training regimen.
A variety of physiotherapy and rehabilitation methods and techniques (KMI, fascia and muscle relaxation therapy in water, movement therapy, meditation and walking pattern readjustment) are utilized in order to achieve the biggest possible improvement in mobility and balance, as well as a reduction in a variety of MS related symptoms such as: spasticity, chronic pain, breathing/speech/swallowing problems and impaired bladder control.
The diet provided during the patients stay at Villa Park MED&SPA is individually adjusted for each patient by a dietician specialized in MS diet indications and takes the patient’s individual preferences in to account. A comprehensive neurological evaluation of the patient’s state of health is also part of the AMEDS MS Rehabilitation Program. The evaluation is aimed at identifying the most effective rehabilitation methods for each patient which later impacts the individual home workout plan.
- Contemplas - Postural & Functional Diagnostics
- KMI Intro Therapy
- KMI Integration Therapy
- Manual Physiotherapy
- Speach and Swalloing Physiotherapy
- Muscle & Fascia Relaxation Hydrotherapy
- Movement Hydrotherapy
- Movement Pattern Restructuring
- Individual Therapy
- Relaxation Techniques
- Meditation Techniques
- Group Therapy
- The AMEDS MS Rehabilitation Program includes consultations with the following specialists:
- An individually tailored dietary plan to follow at home as well as instructions on how to work out home alone are also provided at the end of the patient’s stay.
In order to provide the patient with the best possible care all physiotherapeutic interventions are based on a comprehensive evaluation performed with the use of the Contemplas motion and posture analysis system. The system utilizes a set of cameras and motion sensors to assess the exact position of the patient’s body while it remains static and also during movement.
This provides valuable insight for the physiotherapist and the patient which can be later used during physiotherapy to improve its outcome. The motion and posture diagnostics also provide the patient with information regarding his or her motion range and how his or her posture may affect their bodily functions.
SPA & WELLNESS
- Villa Park MED&SPA offer a variety of SPA treatments that are available for the patient during his or her stay. Furthermore the patient has unrestricted access to other SPA&Wellness facilities including:
- Natural brine swimming pool
- Indoor brine thorn house
- Finnish sauna
- Steam and salt bathhouse
- Ice bucket
- Aroma shower
TRANSPORT, ACCOMODATION & DIET
- After the patients arrival in Poland he or she will be picked up from the airport by an AMEDS representative and transported directly to the rehabilitation center in Ciechocinek. The AMEDS MS Rehabilitation Program includes accommodation in a 4 star hotel, unlimited WI-FI access and five meals per day tailored to the patients individual diet. The meals are served in 3 hour intervals according to the following schedule:
- Breakfast 8:00 AM
- Brunch 11:00 AM
- Lunch 2:00 PM
- Dinner 5:00 PM
- Supper 8:00 PM